Significance of 100
- 100 is the square of 10 (in scientific notation it is written as 102). The standard SI prefix for a hundred is “hecto-“.
- 100 is the basis of percentages (per cent meaning “per hundred” in Latin), with 100% being a full amount.
- 100 is the sum of the first nine prime numbers, as well as the sum of some pairs of prime numbers e.g., 3 + 97, 11 + 89, 17 + 83, 29 + 71, 41 + 59, and 47 + 53.
- 100 is the sum of the cubes of the first four integers (100 = 13 + 23 + 33 + 43). This is related by Nicomachus’s theorem to the fact that 100 also equals the square of the sum of the first four integers: 100 = 102 = (1 + 2 + 3 + 4)2.
- 26 + 62 = 100, thus 100 is a Leyland number.
Ten squared is 100, thus the title of the post is simply 100. If you are curious why this guy has put up some trivia about 100, please keep guessing. I was even surprised to see today’s date (10th October) coinciding with the post, multiplying its day and month also yields 100. Ok, will come straight to the point, yayyyyy, this is my 100th blog post.
100 post is really cool milestone na, so, I take this post as an opportunity to thank few. First, let me thank myself for being determined to write consistently, at least one post a month. Then, I thank my friends whom I troubled, forced and tortured them to read my posts whenever I wrote one. Then, I thank my fellow bloggers and my dear friends at Chennai Blogging Club, you guys are simply awesome and one of my vital source of motivation when it comes to writing. Last but not the least, I sincerely thank all the readers who visited my blog and read my posts, even the counts motivate me.
If I read my 1st post now, I would probably laugh at it for the language and the writing style. But, there is no 100th post with out the 1st one. I would better say that my writing got evolved with my blog. I know there is way to go, but I am really happy about this milestone. Thanks again everyone who supported me and this blog.
This day also got yet another significance in my life. Same day, 5 years back (10.10.10) I joined the company which I am currently working for. So, it’s my 5th work anniversary too. Way to go my boy, way to go.
This one is dedicated to you, The Reader.