This is the 3rd post in my Contemporary Indian Music Bands Series and its about my yet another favorite Indian Band Agam.
Was sad that I wasn’t able to attend their gig yesterday so thought at least would write about them. The band name “AGAM” literally translates to “the inner self” in Thamizh. It is a Banglore based Carnatic progressive rock band which was formed in the year 2007. This band had played in many leading Indian Contemporary Music festivals like MAD Festival and Fireflies festivale.
One fine day I was damn bored, being an ardent fan of A.R.Rahman I randomly searched for “A.R.Rahman Band” on the web and I came across a video where Agam is featured as winners of a band based reality show which was judged by A.R.Rahman sir himself. That is how I came to know about this band.
Their blend of both Carnatic and progressive rock gives a unique dimension and a great energy to their music. Their songs are full of energy and I can never miss them in my running playlists which would give me some extra push while I run. The following is their first song which I heard, which made me a fan of them.
- Harish Sivaramakrishnan – Lead Vocalist and Violin , I would say he is the face of the band and has an amazing energetic voice. I am a big fan of him.
- Ganesh Ram Nagarajan – Drums and Backing Vocals , He is another face I could remember if think of the band.
- T Praveen Kumar – Lead Guitar.
- Swamy Seetharaman – Keyboards and Lyrics.
- Vignesh Lakshminarayanan – Bass Guitar and Backing Vocals.
- Sivakumar – Nagarajan Ethnic Percussions.
- Jagadish Natarajan – Rhythm Guitar.
Below is the YouTube playlist of some of my favorite songs of the band
Listen and Buy their maiden album “The Inner Self Awakens”
Official FB Page